In this article, we will focus on answering this question. So you can avoid bad habits that have negative effects on your skin, and ultimately improve and protect yourself.
Carotene ( Caused by food)
If you eat too much carotene-rich food in a short period of time, your liver is unable to completely decompose. This will eventually lead to excessive carotene concentration in the blood. Then, it will deposit in the skin’s surface and will lead to yellowing palms, soles of the feet, and face.
This is why you should pay attention to the exact intake of carotene. And you should try to reduce and regulate it as much as possible and it can naturally be metabolized by the body. However, if you reduce its intake, your skin will return to its normal state in a week or two weeks.
The foods rich in carotene are carrots, pumpkins, oranges, cabbage, mango and so on.
Melanin ( The main cause)
Melanin is the number one reason for blackening and darkening the skin. And the main reason for heavy melanin formation is poor protection from the sun. You can supplement vitamin C or vitamin B group to promote the synthesis of collagen. And it helps to lock the skin moisture and enhance the elasticity of the skin.
Collagen will help to reduce the excess grease on your skin and will enhance its elasticity and vibrancy. Also, pay extra attention to protecting your skin from the sun, especially if you have sensitive skin. When you go out, you should choose a sunscreen with a relatively high sunscreen coefficient. In contrast, you can apply sunscreen with a lower sunscreen coefficient indoors.
Also, long-term supplement vitamin C will bring a lot of side effects on the body such as nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, rash, and abdominal pain. It also increases the risk of kidney stones formation. However, vitamin C is very important to the skin and the body. So we suggest that you should supplement and take it under the supervision of your doctor.
- Lack of sleep and staying up all night can easily lead to poor blood circulation in the body. And It will eventually lead to dark and dull facial skin. When we sleep, the capillary circulation of our skin increases, and the process of skin secretion and clearance increases. This accelerates the regeneration of the skin.
- Smoking and drinking are also huge factors that lead to dull skin. Smoking leads to pigmentation, and drinking too much can also cause a burden on the liver, easy to show on the skin.
- Long-term exposure to ultraviolet rays, electromagnetic waves, and computer screens can easily stimulate the skin to produce free radicals. Hence, don’t expose yourself to these harmful factors so often. Unless you absolutely have to. and even then, you should give your skin a break to restore its functions. For example, if you work in front of a computer screen on a daily basis, you should take a 5-10 minute break every 2 hours and move away from the screen.
- Depression is another reason behind dull skin to many women. If a person is depressed for a long period of time, it will cause the body to produce an excessive amount of melanin on the surface of the skin. Depression also has a very negative effect on the skin’s blood supply.
- Finally, the lack of exercise is one major bad habit that has to be avoided. It slows down blood circulation in the body as well as the metabolism of the skin. This will eventually lead to excessive accumulation of waste in the body that will reflect badly on the skin.
Liver, spleen, and kidney dysfunction
According to traditional Chinese medicine, more than 80% of skin problems are related to liver, spleen, or kidney dysfunction. Liver dysfunction is responsible for weakening the overall blood circulation in the body and directly causing facial dull skin. On the other hand, spleen dysfunction will directly affect our digestive system and the absorption of nutrients in food which will lead to dark spots and dull skin appearance on the face.
Finally, when it comes to kidney deficiency, there is an old Chinese saying that can sum it up in a very simple way, which is ” Kidney controls black”. It means that a kidney deficiency will directly cause skin’s darkness and dullness.
This is why we suggest you do regular check-ups, so you can tackle any minor problem in its early stage before turning to an unnecessary complication.
Neglecting skin abnormalities
If you notice any abnormality on your skin and you decide to leave it, it will keep on accumulating on the surface without supplying the skin with normal metabolism. The old waste horniness of the skin will accumulate on the surface without normal metabolism. And the accumulation of the old waste horniness will cause the skin rough and dull, and it will also make melanin difficult to metabolize. At this point, even skincare and whitening products will not be very effective in hiding those large pores on the face and this will be very annoying.
Low oxygen level in the blood
Low oxygen in the blood will darken the skin exponentially. The main reason will be that the oxygen content in the blood is very low. Oxygen content in the blood is the main determinant behind how the skin looks. Low content will make the skin looked dark and dull, while high oxygen content in the blood will smooth the blood circulation and will make the skin shiny and vibrant.