There is a huge variety of eye cream products in the market nowadays, so how can you make sure you choose the most suitable one for the skin around your eyes?
Before you get to pick the product, you need to be fully aware of what your skin needs first. In this case, education is key to successfully and properly choosing the product that will best serve your condition. So we have gathered the most important ingredients for you to be more educated, so as to make your decision wisely. If you have trouble with fine lines, wrinkles, dark circles, and other eye problems, I hope this blog is useful to you
Ascorbyl Glucoside(AA2G) is a water-soluble derivative of Vitamin C. And it can inhibit melanin formation and it is very effective when it comes to whitening the skin around your eyes, as well as enhancing collagen formation.
Escin is a well-known ingredient for improving blood circulation and wound healing. Also, it has a very efficient anti-inflammatory effect on the skin. Escin can remove dark circles and wrinkles.
Eryngium Maritimum Extract
This is a rare plant extract that can sooth the skin and gently tighten the skin by improving collagen formation and enhancing the skin’s elasticity.
This is a popular ingredient in the cosmetics world. It serves several purposes such as protection from the sun, whitening, conditioning, moisturizing, anti-inflammatory, and anti-oxidant.
This is an anti-aging ingredient that is mostly used in skin conditioners. This ingredient is known for its anti-oxidant and moisturizing effect on the skin. Pentapeptide contains 5 different amino acids, mainly used in cosmetics solely for this reason. Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-4 is a healthy ingredient that is very effective when it comes to improving collagen.
Used in skin care products as an anti-oxidant and an effective whitening component, Tocopheryl Nicotinate( Vitamin E Nicotinate ) ingredient plays a vital role in improving skin quality and elasticity. Surely it can improve your overall metabolism and reduce aging of the skin around your eyes.
Ginkgo biloba is a Chinese ingredient found in fossils dating back to more than 250 million years. It contains glycosides and amino acids that can synthesize collagen levels in the body. It has a strong effect on improving the blood circulation of the skin and preventing dark circles and purple spots on the face.
Carthamus Tinctorius Extract
This extract has the effect of improving blood circulation, anti-inflammation, and anti-oxidant. We use it for purposes such as whitening the skin, sun screening, and anti-aging. Carthamus Tinctorius Extract is an active ingredient that promotes skin metabolism and restrains melanin production. It is good for spots removal and decolorization of the skin.
Bifida Ferment Lysate
This ingredient helps to hydrate and soothe irritated skin. Providing the skin with a healthy glow and it also helps to protect the skin against free radicals damages. It contains Vitamin B, minerals, amino acids, and it is very rich in nutrients.
Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil
Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil can eliminate free radicals and reduce aging of the skin with its powerful antioxidant effect on the skin, especially around the eyes as it has a certain whitening and freckle removal effects as well.
Avena Sativa (Oats) Kernel Extract
This Ingredient is an extract of the kernel of oats. Used in skincare products for its anti-inflammatory, anti-aging, moisturizing, and soothing properties on the skin. It also improves the production of collagen and skin elasticity.
As we know, Retinol is also known as Vitamin A and it is mainly used for stimulating the production of new skin cells. Retinol is an anti-aging ingredient that reduces sebum overflow and protects the epidermis from bacterial infections.
Precautions and side effects:
- First-time users may experience some common side effects which are peeling of the skin. This effect should disappear once the skin adapts to the product. The usage of retinol should be limited to 1-2 days until the peeling effect fully disappears
- Another common reaction of the skin is dryness and itching. This problem can be solved by applying a moisturizer with the Retinol products so you improve that dry and itchy feeling you might experience after.
- Sensitivity to sunlight is another side effect caused by Retinol. You should pay attention and do not expose yourself to direct sunlight after using a Retinol product to prevent any unwanted sunburns from happening to your skin.
- Since the skin around your eyes is the most sensitive and fragile part of your body, the side effects of Retinol will most likely appear around that area. And since the skin around your eyes is usually the first part to develop wrinkles and fine lines. That’s why the most common part that side effects of retinol will appear at, is the skin around the eyes.
- If you experience one of the side effects for a long period of time, try another product with a lower percentage of the ingredient as some types of skin are more sensitive to. Please conduct sensitive tests before applying a skincare product for the first time.
- Don’t use Retinol if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. You have to be very careful before even applying a product that has a very weak amount of Retinol in this case.
Sambucus Nigra Flower Extract
This ingredient has a marvelous whitening effect on the skin. It is also anti-inflammatory as it is rich in nutrients and many anti-sensitive components that help to reduce any inflammation on the skin, as well as itching and drying.
Tocopherol ( Vitamin E)
Naturally, Vitamin E has a very strong antioxidant effect on the skin. Tocopherol is rich in Vitamin E and it is powerful in reducing excessive melanin production and resisting damages caused by free radical oxidation. Providing the skin with the glow and elasticity it needs.
Ascorbic Acid ( Vitamin C)
Ascorbic acid is a natural antioxidant that helps in removing freckles while having a very good whitening effect on the skin, especially the skin around the eyes.